The SFSB is a member of the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes (ENFSI) (www.enfsi.eu) since 1998. Latvian forensic scientists participate in the work and proficiency tests of the following ENFSI Working Groups:
- Animal, Plant and Soil Traces Expert Working Group
- Expert Working Group Firearms/GSR
- European Textile and Hair Group
- European Paint & Glass Working Group
- European Documents Experts Working Group
- European Network of Forensic Handwriting Experts
- European Fingerprints Working Group
- Forensic Information Technology Working Group
- Road Accident Analyses Expert Working Group
- Fire and Explosion Investigation Working Group.
The SFSB also participates in ENFSI Quality and Competence Standing Committee.